Monday, October 27, 2008

Curl your Weave While Sleeping!

So you got this fly new weave install. It's curled perfectly...but now it's time to go to bed. What in the world are you going to do? For some of us, wrapping your weave is just a task that is not worth it so if you want to maintain your curls just roll your hair on flexirods! They are much softer to sleep on then regular plastic rollers and they work really fast. Sometimes I use them when I am getting ready to go out. I'll curl my hair first, then put in the flexirods and shower and apply my makeup. Flexirods really are a time saver. Some friends of mine use them and then wrap their hair after to give it some body. They are flexibile like their name!

How to use them:

  1. Part your curled hair in 4 sections ( I use about 2-3 flexirods per section)
  2. Roll your hair in a spiral the same direction your curls form
  3. Bend the flexirods, so the ends cross over each other, to secure them in place (this part can be tricky so you may have to play around with it a bit).
  4. Continue this for each section. The more flexirods you use, the curlier your hair will be.
  5. Use either a satin scarf or bonnet to put over your hair and flexirods so you can sleep, shower, etc.
  6. When you take out your flexirods, try to take them out in a spiral motion.
  7. Run your fingers through the curls to separate them some and go!
Optional tip: Sometimes I use a brush and brush my curls out for a very lose wave. Flexirods work great!!!